Statement issued by the Egyptian Communist Party
The revolution will continue until the demands of the masses are fulfilled
The moment of truth is approaching. This is the decisive moment for the Egyptian popular forces for change; to topple the Mubarak regime. It seems that the imperialists, and their American masters in particular, are lifting their hands from him after the continuation of revolution everywhere in Egypt.
Today millions emerge to demand the departure of Mubarak. They will prevent all the conspiracies of the dictator and his gang of spies to thwart the revolution and overcome them.
The formation of a committee, which enjoys the confidence of the people and the demonstrators, is crucial to achieve the demands of the political, economic and social revolution, and we emphasize the basic demands presented by the national forces to the deputies of the people's parliament:
1. Dismissal of Mubarak and the formation of a presidential council for a transitional period of limited duration
2. Forming a coalition government to administer the country during the transitional period
3. To convene the election of a constituent assembly to draft a new constitution for the country based on the principle of the sovereignty of the nation and ensure the devolution of power within the framework of a democratic just civil state.
4. Prosecute those responsible for hundreds of deaths and injuries of revolutionary martyrs and victims of oppression as well as ensuring the prosecution of those responsible for plundering the wealth of the Egyptian people.
5. Long live the revolution of the Egyptian people
February 1, 2011 - Cairo
Daily Beast: your first source on foreign affairs now tackles Syria - "It should be noted that Awad al Ali’s judgment, *while widely endorsed by top-level defectors from the Assad regime, is not shared by the U.S. government,...
2 hours ago